Hello everyone. With practice starting on Monday, it’s time to start looking ahead. With that in mind, if you’d like to follow the team to the two-day tournament in Harrisonville, MO on Friday, Dec. 17th and Saturday, Dec. 18th, please download and print out the form below. Buses will leave the high school at 6a.m. on the 17th and will return after the completion of the tournament on the 18th. The cost for the bus ride is $50 while the cost for a reserving a room at the Comfort Inn is $75 for a king-size bed and $80 for a king-size bed with full-size pull-out couch. More details are included in the form so be sure to read it over to get all the information…
Click here to download the Harrisonville form…
Below are the November minutes for the meeting of the Sparta Wrestling Club. Everything from information about future meetings, fundraising and overviews on how recent events in the program are unfolded can be found below so check that out…
Club Meeting Minutes: November 8, 2010 at 7:00 p.m. in the Sparta High School Cafeteria
Officers Present: Gary Nowaczyk -Pres., Mary Nowaczyk-Secretary/Treasurer,
Red Von Ruden-High School Rep., Jean Roddick-Middle School Rep.
Officers Absent: Gretchen Brooks-Youth Rep., Steve Weidl-Alumni Rep., Vacant-V.P.,
Others Present: Jake Larson, Kelly Tourdot, Shawn Mosley, Mary Ellen Leis, Scott Rickert, Sonny Lamon, Chris and Jake Denton, Naomi Geier-Hoff, Dana Geier, Katie Ronke, Taylor Hoekstra, Michaela Muehlenkamp.
- Meeting called to order at 7:00 p.m. by Jake Larson.
- Minutes from Oct 11, 2010 approved.
- Mike Montgomery stepped aside as president due to current AD position. Gary Nowaczyk ascend to Presidency and VP position needs to be filled.
- Dubuque wrestling clinic held on 11-7-10 from 5-7 p.m. 21 wrestlers attended.
- Wrestling activity club to reimburse wrestling club for cost of snack shack supplies. Balance will be $2,012.68 after deposit.
- School to only provide $1,000 for transportation to Missouri tournament. Vans cost $1,500, coach bus costs about $3,000, club needs to donate, whichever means of transportation is chosen. Decided to go with chartered bus, leaving on Friday, December 17 and returning on night of December 18. Eliminates Thursday travel and hotel expenses as well as less time off from work for parents and fans who ride bus. Cost to ride the bus is $50 per person. Envelope will be left in office to collect money, deadline for money Friday, December 10. Mary to collect money. And get block of rooms for parents/fans. Will spread word through email, Facebook, and Jake through the wrestlers. About 35 available seats. Bus to leave at 6:00 a.m., Friday, December 17 from high school.
- Spaghetti dinner January 6 2011 from 4:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Will split help into two shifts, j.v. and 4 cheerleaders from 4:30-6:00, varsity and 4 cheerleaders from 6:00-7:30, and parents from 4:00-6:00 and 6:00-8:00. Wrestlers and cheerleaders to bring desserts. Will advertise on Facebook, email, and make a flyer for middle school and youth wrestlers. Mont had notified newspaper in the past too.
- Wrestling parent meeting Nov 18 at 6:00 after practice.
- Scott Rickert preparing t-shirt sponsorship for wrestling tournament. Table with information at every home meet to get more sponsors. Flyer to be made available to distribute to businesses.
- Cheerleading uniforms were stolen and need replacing, they are trying to raise money, but need more and asked for possible donation. They will report back in two weeks to see if they still need assistance.
- Dec 29, Sparta j.v. tournament, and Jan 22, Sparta varsity tournament. Youth tournament either night of Dec 28 or 29.
- Possible money raising ideas from Red and Scott Rickert – Silent Outdoors donates a bow or rifle and we have a raffle at Terry’s Hideout or The Zone. Possible 3-D shoot fundraising day at Silent Outdoors too.
- Activities club to donate flower/candy arrangement to Danita & Virgil Schmitz for providing hot water to snack shack for hot chocolate during football games. Joanne Stanek to make and deliver arrangement.
- Next meeting: Monday, December 13, 2010
Meeting adjourned at 8:10 P.M.
Future Business/Agenda: Wrestling season, Missouri bus, spaghetti dinner, t-shirts, and Silent Outdoors donation/raffle/3-d shoot.
Reminders: Only in Wrestling is this a positive comment; “PULL YOUR HEAD OUT”
Minutes submitted by Mary Nowaczyk