It was business as usual for Brock Polhamus during the semifinals of the Sparta Invite. The Spartan junior continued a stellar month by soundly defeating Holmen’s Ryan Stalsberg for the second time in three days. First, by a 5-1 score at Holmen on Thursday. On Saturday, it was an 8-3 victory for Polhamus. Whether Polhamus knew it or not, that semifinals victory was a little bit sweeter. It was Polhamus’ 100th career victory. After Polhamus moved up two weight classes and earned a 4-1 victory over Central’s 9th-ranked Connor Williams last night, his career victory total sits at 101.
As a freshman, Polhamus qualified for state and finished with a 36-13 record. A year later, Brock finished with another trip to state and a 33-12 record. This year, he’s 33-7 and is currently having one of the best months of his career. Let’s look at the past month…
- Beat Holmen’s Ryan Stalsberg twice, Stalsberg is currently ranked 14th in D1 and was 45-6 a year ago
- Beat Stevens Point’s Fritz Schierl at Stevens Point, Schierl is currently ranked 3rd
- Beat Central’s Connor Williams 4-1, Williams is currently ranked 9th in D1 at 145
- Handily beat Lancaster’s Dustin Reynolds 10-4 in the finals of the Lancaster Invite, Reyonlds is a D3 honorable mention at 138
- Beat Amery’s Johnny Benitez 4-2 at Wisconsin Dells Duals, Benitez is a D2 honorable mention
So it’s been a solid month for Polhamus. With the win Thursday night, Polhamus moved past Terry Smith and tied Jordan Stanek for 17th all-time on the Spartan wins list. With his senior season yet to go, there is a lot of room for Polhamus to move up those rankings. Congrats Brock on your 100th career win!