Pardon all the construction around here, but this is the latest iteration of Spartanwrestling.com. Browse the different pages to get a sense of what the new site will offer and where things are located. Sections like Multimedia, Photos and Video are still in under construction while In-Depth Yearly Results, which offer dual meet and other statistical records from various seasons, will see content added on a consistent basis throughout the year. We’ve also added a Middle School page that will be continually updated by Mike Montgomery and an alumni page that will eventually offer an alumni directory so that you can get in touch with former teammates, fans and coaches. There is more, but that is the gist of the updates. Enjoy the new content and if you experience any glitches, please let us know!! Thanks.
Sparta Wrestling Club Minutes
Good morning All. Wrestling season is officially here!!! According to Trackwrestling, Sparta had 43 wrestlers complete the weight certification this week. As I played around with the weights, we can fill two complete squads and most of a 3rd. What a great job getting kids out. Now I hope as an organization we can assist the coaches in keeping them all out that need to stay.
Reminder: The 1st dual is scheduled for DEC 3rd at Sparta; Varsity starts at 7:30. JV start time will be dependent on how many matches there are. Additionally, this will be MS Wrestler Recognition Night. The MS wrestlers will be recognized before the Varsity Dual. The Varsity travels to the Reedsburg Dual Tournament on December 5th and the JV will be wrestling at the La Crosse Central Tournament the same day.
The minutes from the last meeting are below, and our next scheduled meeting is NOV 14th, 7:00 pm in the HS Cafeteria.
II. Old Business (Minutes from previous Meeting)
1. JV Tournament re-scheduled for December 29, 2009 in conjunction with the Bi-State Classic (December 28-29). Signups for volunteers to work the concession stand will be available at the December meeting. Still looking for someone to serve as tournament director.
2. The HS Varsity will be attending the Harrisonville Christmas Tournament in Harrisonville, MO December 17-19. The team will depart the high school at 7:00 am on the 17th. Wrestling begins at 4:30 pm on Friday and at 10:00 am on Saturday. Wrestlers will weigh-in both days.
3. Wrestler Parent meeting was held November 17th at 5:30 pm (immediately following practice) in the wrestling room.
4. Fundraisers approved:
a. We will sell Sparta Athletics stickers beginning at the 1st winter sporting event. The stickers are completed. If you want one to purchase them see Coach Larsen. Small stickers are $2, and large are $3.
b. Raffle tickets will be sold for a long-sleeve t-shirts at each home dual.
c. T-shirt sponsorships are being sold for $25, $50, and $100. Sponsors are recognized in the programs and on the
back of a Sparta Wrestling Tournament.
d. The HS wrestlers and coaching staff will conduct a youth wrestling camp on December 30th. The camp will kick off the youth wrestling season and serve as a fundraiser.
5. MS wrestler will be recognized at the first home dual on December 3rd before the 1st home dual (approximately 7:00 pm).
6. There are 25 wrestlers currently in the MS program (9-8th grade, 12-7th grade, and 4-6th grade). Forty three HS wrestlers completed the weight certification on Wednesday, November 18th.
7. Coach Roddick requested $750 to purchase 30 sweatshirts for the MS wrestling team. Motion was made (Rickert) and seconded (Weidl) to purchase and the motion passed.