Another meeting of the Sparta Wrestling Club is set for 7pm on Monday, October 12th at the Sparta High School cafeteria.
Coach Larsen has provided minutes from the last meeting of the club in case you were unable to attend. Check them out below…
1. Decision was made to not try to rush into a Fall Tournament, but focus on establishing a post-season Folkstyle in MAR/APR.
2. Spaghetti dinner at VFW scheduled for November 5th at 4:00pm. Final update will be provided at the next meeting by Kelly Tourdot
3. JV Tournament scheduled for December 28, 2009 in conjunction with the Bi-State Classic (December 28-29).
4. The HS Varsity will be attending the Harrisonville Christmas Tournament in Harrisonville, MO December 17-19. Lodging information was distributed by Coach Larsen. The Logan dual has been moved to Tuesday December 15th and will be wrestled in the old gym to allow for travel to MO.
5. The Sparta HS Athletic schedules have moved to the new Mississippi Valley Conference web site and can be accessed through the Sparta HS Athletic page or at: http://www.mvconference.org
6. A review of the SWC Mission was presented and acknowledged by the club. The discussion on by-laws was tabled pending a review as to what if anything needs to be changed. The number of officers and directors needs to be decided before elections in the spring.
Dude, can’t wait for the season to start!