Wisconsin Wrestling Online and the La Crosse Tribune have released their latest rankings and honor rolls and the Spartans continue to have a strong showing. Let’s look at the Wisconsin Wrestling Online rankings first…
- Christian Lamon – 5th at 120 pounds, up one spot from the previous poll
- John Roddick – 3rd at 126, same ranking as previous poll
- Jaden Winchel – 1st at 132 pounds, same ranking as previous poll
- Brett VonRuden, HM at 138 pounds, moving up among the honorable mention rankings
- Brock Polhamus, 2nd at 145 pounds, same ranking as previous poll
- Hayden Krein, 5th at 152 pounds, same ranking as previous poll
In the 20+ years that I’ve followed the Crossface Magazine rankings and now the online rankings from Wisconsin Wrestling Online, I have not seen a group of wrestlers from Sparta this highly ranked and this close together in weight classes. There is a belief that your practice partner goes a long way in determining how much you improve and what type of wrestler you develop into. If you are lazy, that affects your partner. If you are constantly working hard and pushing your partner, both of you will benefit. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that these guys are all ranked and all grouped together.
To view the entire Wisconsin Wrestling Online individual rankings, click here.
Now onto the area rankings via the La Crosse Tribune. This is their second such poll of the year. Let’s see how Sparta did in that one…
- John Roddick – 1st at 126, ranked 4th in the poll is Logan’s Jaren Poff who could be an interesting match up with Roddick next week when the Spartans travel to Logan to close out the MVC season
- Jaden Winchel – 1st at 132, ranked 2nd in the poll is Tomah’s Hunter Pierce who could face Winchel during tonight’s dual
- Brock Polhamus – 1st at 145, Tomah’s Casey Curran is 4th
- Hayden Krein – 2nd at 152, Connor Williams of Central is 1st while Logan’s Nick Houlihan is 3rd
- Ryan Wisniewski – 4th at 160
- Logan Van Tassel, 3rd at 170
To view the full La Crosse Tribune area rankings, click here.
Teamwise, the Spartans are ranked 9th in division two with sectional foe Evansville/Albany rabked 3rd, River Valley and Lodi at honorable mentions.