After finishing ahead of Ellsworth at the Cheesehead, the Spartans moved up two spots to be ranked fourth in division two according to Wisconsin Wrestling Online. The Spartans also moved past Wittenberg-Birnamwood. Luxemburg-Casco, Two Rivers and Oconto Falls remain 1-2-3 in the D2 polls. Section foe Lodi is 9th while Nekoosa/Port Edwards checks in at honorable mention.
MVC rival Holmen dropped from 4th in the last poll to 9th in the latest after a lackluster performance at the Sauk Prairie Eagle Invitational. By lackluster, I mean compared to where they were ranked. Holmen finished third at the tournament behind 7th-ranked Sauk Prairie and 8th-ranked Mt. Horeb Barneveld. In the previous rankings, Mt. Horeb/Barneveld was ranked 8th while Sauk Prairie was unranked. The most recent rankings are a reflection of how Holmen finished at that tournament.
While the Spartans moved up two places in the most recent rankings, they also gained one ranked individual. Tristan Zurfluh clocks in at honorable mention at 138 pounds after his 11th place finish at the Cheesehead. Other ranked Spartans are as follows…
- Dylan Winchel, 2nd at 113 pounds, Ty Pelot of Two Rivers and Winchel swapped spots in the latest rankings
- John Roddick, 5th at 120 pounds, down from 4th in the last rankings
- Brock Polhamus, 7th at 132 pounds, up two spots from the last rankings
- Michael Murnane, 8th at 145 pounds, up two spots from the last rankings
- Kyle Burkhalter, 5th at 182 pounds, down one spot from the last rankings, my guess is that he would have picked up some spots after an impressive finish at the Cheesehead
- Daniel Dawley, 10th at 195 pounds, no change from the last rankings
To see the full team rankings, click here.
To see the full individual rankings, click here.