Below are the minutes from the March 11, 2013 meeting of the Sparta Wrestling Club…
Sparta Wrestling Club
Club Meeting Minutes: 03/11/13 7:00 PM Barney Center Senior Citizen Room
Jean Roddick-Middle School Rep
Red Von Ruden-High School Rep
Steve Weidl-Alumni Rep
Kari Hauser-Youth Coordinator
Coach Larsen, Mike Roddick, Traci Polhamus, Melissa Bailey, Ryan Burkhalter, Amy Burkhalter
- Meeting called to order at 7:00 PM by Larry Mosely.
- Last month’s minutes approved. (Montgomery & Von Ruden)
- Treasurer’s report
- Current cash balance $10,499.40
- Acknowledged the 7 HS State Qualifiers.
- Acknowledged the 16 Sparta Youth kids that qualified for the Youth State tournament.
- Web Site
- Current and historical viewing statistics of the Spartan Web site will be sent. The results are very positive.
- The Website information should be shared with anyone who has sponsored our club or supplied to any business or person who may be approached to support our club.
- Sporting Clays—will be tabled until next year. Ryan Burkhalter plans to speak with his contact.
- Vinyl Stickers for Mat corners and Banner placement.
- Initially intend to approach four separate sponsors for each mat corner.
- Banners along the sides will be considered as options as well.
- Cost: $250 per advertising corner.
- Need a sample that we can show the potential customer.
- Grapplers and Grace—discussions are in motion with the HS Dance Team.
- Snack Shack –Request submitted and approved for next year.
- US Silica—Will be approached soon.
- Gun Raffle potential to be explored.
- Basic Skills camp to be held in June (Particular date not yet established).
- 2-Day, 4 Session Camp with a possible Take down tournament.
- Jake and another outside coach to teach.
- Cost $30.00 per attendee and will receive a T-Shirt.
- Must register the event with USA Wrestling.
- Youth Tournament Sponsors-picture of the team and “Thank You’s” were sent to all sponsors.
- Amy Burkhalter given the green light to purchase 18 sellable Spartan Wrestling bleacher seats to provide to the 6 individuals who have already purchased seats and to have a quantity available for those whose would want to order them. (Motioned by Andy P. seconded Jean R)
- Warm-ups—Larry and Jake scheduled to view options.
- Election of Officers upcoming: Mike Montgomery to coordinate a nomination committee.
- Positions are two-year terms with half of the officer’s terms staggering the other half’s elected term.
- New Business
- Open Mat sessions request completed by Larry Mosely. (Practices have already started).
- Scholarships for Seniors.
- Something will be considered and provided to the school to handle.
- Potential hire of an offseason FS/GR coach (Tabled).
- Established Friday May 10th and Saturday May 11th as a Wrestling Room work day to perform the following:
- Remove current plaques.
- Scrape and prep brick wall for painting.
- Paint the wall.
- Volunteers needed.
- Coach Larsen looking at Stevens Point as a potential summer camp for the Team to consider.
- Next meeting scheduled for 04/08/13.
- Meeting adjourned at 8:22 PM.
Minutes submitted by Andy Polhamus