Here are some numbers relating to tonight’s dual…
- Tomah has won 35 straight MVC duals. Their winning streak dates to the beginning of 2004.
- Sparta has won 22 of its last 25 MVC duals with all three losses coming to Tomah
- Sparta has finished as a runner-up in the MVC the last three years.
- During Tomah’s run of five straight MVC championships, they have done so with the help of 28 first-team MVC wrestlers. The 2005-06, 06-07 and 07-08 squads all had six first team members.
- Despite this incredible run by Tomah, Sparta still has a better all-time record in the MVC. Sparta’s record is 84-33 while Tomah’s is 80-37. Holmen tops all MVC teams with a record of 92-26.
- Sparta has averaged 61 points in MVC duals this year. Tomah has averaged 50.2 points. The two teams are one-two in the conference in this category.
- Sparta has allowed just 10.8 points in MVC duals this year while Tomah has allowed 18.0. That’s a maximum of a little over three losses per match.
- A win by Sparta tonight would run their dual record to 17-0 on the year, which would tie the team record for dual victories in a season set by the 2003-04 team that advanced to the division one team state semifinals and finished 17-3 overall.