Spartan Joel Dutton will be inducted into the Sparta Athletic Wall of Fame on October 3, 2008. Dutton, a 1989 graduate, was an outstanding wrestler while at Sparta and continued that success into his time at UW-Parkside.
Joel is currently an elementary school teacher in Kenosha and head
coach of the Kenosha Tremper wrestling team and is actively involved in
the Kenosha Wrestling Club. Congrats to Joel on his induction!
Dutton was also part of the best recruiting class to ever enter UW-Parkside according to the Parkside athletic website. Click here to read an article about that class as well as other Spartans who wrestled at UW-Parkside including Justin Schroeder, Chris Buckley, Rob Kimpel and Steve Kimpel. The information on Dutton’s class is at the bottom of the page. A poll on the website asking readers their opinion of the best recruiting class agrees that Dutton’s class was the best ever with 48% of respondents voting for Dutton’s class as of Sunday, August 31st.
Check below for a list of Dutton’s accomplishments…
HIGH SCHOOL ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- 4-year letter winner in wrestling
- 2-year letter winning in baseball
- Career record of 114-27
- WIAA State Tournament qualifer in 1998 and 1989
- 3rd Place finish at 1989 WIAA State Tournament
- Team Captain for the 1987-88 S.C.C. Regional and Sectional Champions
- Team Captain for the 1988-89 team
POST HIGH SCHOOL ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- 4-year letter winner in wrestling at Division 2 UW-Parkside in Kenosha, WI
- Career record of 83-50 at UW-Parkside
- #11 All-time leader in takedowns at UW-Parkside
- 4x National Tournament Qualifier
- N.A.I.A. All-American in 1993 with 4th Place finish at National Tournament
- Captain of the UW-Parkside team during his junior and senior seasons
- Team finished 6th in 1990 and 9th in 1994 at NCAA Division 2 National Tournament